Hoping to create some KPI Dashboards in our GoodDa...
# gd-beginners
m
Hoping to create some KPI Dashboards in our GoodData environment to propagate across our customer base that follow the same logic as the Usage KPIs - in that these public dashboards & the associated reports are not able to be edited by users unless they Save As New. Is there a certain setting we need to have enabled when creating these dashboards/ insights? Is this feature available for us if we are using the embedded version of GoodData?
j
Hello Maayan, May I ask for some clarification regarding particular use-case and reason for such a request? Do I understand correctly that you would like to have some “untouchable” dashboards and insights which cannot be modified by users unless they create new ones with Save As New function?
m
Correct - we prefer this method so our customers will not lose any modifications they made to pre-built dashboards everytime we do a release/rollout
j
Hey Maayan, Sorry for the delay with my response. The way how to go about this is to set sharing rights on KPI Dashboards so only Admins can amend them. Then, with combination of user roles management you can easily achieve that the pre-defined KPI Dashboards won’t be amendable by users with e.g. Editor rights so when they want to edit them, the only option they would have is to use “Save As New” button.
m
Thank you for this response. In this case, I noticed that the Dashboard is indeed locked when accessing it from a Editor-role user, but the reports within that dashboard can be edited by the user (they are not locked). How can I set up the reports so that they are also locked and users cannot make changes to them unless they "Save as New"?
j
I believe that if the KPI Dashboard is locked and you drill into one of the Insights within it - you won’t be able to change it. If you do any change and press “Save”, it will only offer you to save the Insight as new and rename it. Feel free to try 🙌🏼