Hi. I am testing to see how I can use Good data. W...
# gd-beginners
j
Hi. I am testing to see how I can use Good data. Watching the video and now I want to upload a CSV file. But it seams that this is nothing something I can do. Anyone?
m
Hi Jakob, thank you for your interest in GoodData! May we have more details about the issue? Are you seeing any errors in the browser’s developer console? Also, I would recommend making sure that the CSV file meets the requirements outlined here: CSV File Requirements | GoodData Free. Specifically, please also check you have the correct headers. You can also consult Load CSV Files to a Workspace with the LDM Modeler | GoodData Free
j
The problem is probably me:) I can only +data source or chose a empty data set. I dont know how to upload a CSV
m
Thanks for the screenshot. I see you are working with GoodData Cloud. Note that the documentation previously sent is valid only for GoodData Platform since loading CSV files directly to your workspace is currently not available in GoodData Cloud. A way you could work with the files is through a Data Source Manager that can manage files and object storage services like AWS S3. You could also connect to any of the data sources outlined in our documentation here: Create Data Sources | GoodData Cloud Native. Also, I invite you to stay tuned to our Release Notes as this feature is in our Product roadmap.
j
"Thanks for your interest in GoodData content. The "_Getting Started with CSV files_" resource is available here." This is the email I recieved. How can I begin to use GoodData Platform:)=?
m
j
Done:) Thank you. Looks much better
🙌 1