hello. how i set Data Permissions for the individu...
# gd-beginners
r
hello. how i set Data Permissions for the individual user.
j
Hi. You can create and set data permissions for users as mentioned int he following document: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/workspace-and-user-administration/managing-workspace-data-and-data-access/data-permissions/
r
hey! bro thanks for replay, i read it many times but i didn't understand how i use in my gooddata UI could you please explain me step by step.
j
It’s not something you would manage within a component in GoodDataUI. However, this is something that is part of user provisioning. First, you will need to create the expression that states the permission. Next, you will need to create the object for the data permission via API. Finally, you assign that data permission to the user. The previously provided article provides complete steps. If you are facing any issues please let us know the error message and steps to replicate.
r
bro i get this error message. { "userFilter": { "content": { "expression":"[/gdc/md/nvc7wearthl1yb36mub88019hcycaxpn/obj/attr.messagedb1.supplierid]=[/gdc/md/nvc7wearthl1yb36mub88019hcycaxpn/obj/attr.messagedb1.supplierid/elements?id=33x6fqQHY9FCnqEJL]" }, "meta": { "category": "userFilter", "title": "Sample Data Permission Object" } } } https://analytics.fmclarity.com/gdc/md/nvc7wearthl1yb36mub88019hcycaxpn/obj
j
Hey my guy! From your screenshot it looks like you are trying to use an object which no longer exists within the workspace. You can check missing values in the workspace by validating it. These missing values will not allow the maql statement to be created.
r
Hi @Joseph Heun thanks for giving me your precious time. can you please help me out to send me sample JSON to set data permission and sample POST url also. i want to add data permission for this user. thanks in advance
j
Hi Ratan, It’s difficult to judge what exactly needs to be created. The previously provided document gives pretty clear examples of how to set this up. Your screenshot just shows that you are using objects which no longer exist in the workspace. You will need to build a maql statement for the permission using existing objects. If you need to use those objects which are missing in your permission statement, then you will need to re-add them to the workspace and run a full data re-load to ensure you are able to create that permission.