Hello again, I've started experimenting with Postg...
# gd-beginners
v
Hello again, I've started experimenting with Postgresql views as data sources, and view schema updates don't seem to be reflected on 'Data Sources' section. Here are my steps: - created PG view
some_view
with text columns
a
b
c
- synced tables and views in GoodData Logical View Model interface, observed that all view columns are presented - dropped
some_view
in PG and recreated it with a new column
d
- created
another_view
view in PG that is the same as
some_view
, with 4 columns - synced tables and views again via GoodData Result: there's no column
d
in
some_view
, there're 4 columns in
another_view
. No matter how I change existing views, it's not reflected in GoodData. Is this an issue or I'm doing something wrong?
j
Hi @Vadim, I assume you use GoodData.CN and by “synced tables and views again via GoodData” you mean rescanning of data source in modeler. Which scan mode have you used? In some cases it may be needed to perform “Append” scan as well as “Update” scan. The “Append” will add new datasets while “Update” should discover changes in table/view columns.
Please note that logical objects for the new fields are not created automatically for existing datasets. You probably need to add them manually as attributes/facts/labels and set the proper mapping to the new columns in “View details->Data mapping”. Also logical objects (attributes/facts/labels) which are mapped to non-existing columns have to be deleted manually or remapped to other columns with possible impact on metrics/insights/dashboards which you can review before saving the model.
v
You are absolutely right - I had to choose the correct Scan Mode. Now everything re-syncs correctly, thank you!