I have a visualization that has (Blanks)...the Fil...
# gd-beginners
p
I have a visualization that has (Blanks)...the Filter seems to only list actual values that can be added or removed, not (blanks)...how do I filter out (blank)?
m
When filtering with a metric for a numeric value, you will need to use some conditional statements; like IF... THEN... ELSE, or CASE. First, you would need to make sure you are calling in all NULL values to equal 0 using an IFNULL. Then you could create the conditional statement to sort the values which would result in 0, or this case NULL.
p
Ok...so filter by attribute has no native ability to filter out blank values? For this to be filter able, I have to build a metric that translates null into a value? Isn't that kind of defeating the basic purpose of nulls explicitly not being a value?
j
Actually, we are shipping a new feature set related to handling of NULL values in all UI applications, including Analytical Designer, where you create insights(visualizations) with drag&drop experience. I am not sure, what is the current state. @Ondrej Stumpf can you elaborate on this?
🙌 1
p
Gotcha, so current limitation, but a known one one the road map then...that works for me.
j
Hi, possibility to filter out NULL values and blank values is available in GoodData Cloud already and it is also available in the latest development build of GoodData.CN Community Edition image (gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:dev_latest). It will be released in release GoodData.CN 2.1.0 (the release date has not been set yet AFAIK).