Hello I am trying to connect to a mondb database d...
# gd-beginners
e
Hello I am trying to connect to a mondb database deployment on Atlas but I am always getting
*Connection failed!* Database not found
Only once it did not show that error, but then it did not stick it and started asking for the connection again 🤔
j
I Enrico, the username looks a bit different. Could you please confirm that is the correct username exactly as it should be displayed? More information on integration with MongoDB can be found here: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=110370339
e
Yes, that is how I've been instructed by MongoDB Atlas
image.png
Without that format it does not authenticate
j
There are a few things we need to check when connections fail like this: 1/ Has this DB been mapped to BI already? 2/ Are the credentials correct? (I assume in this case yes.) 3/ Are the authentication encryption modes set correctly? - If the server expects verify-full, then on GD side we also should have it set for the same value. Also uploading the SSL certificate might be required in case you want to transfer the data in an encrypted state. There have been cases in the past here MongoDB Atlas doesn’t build the schema when you enable the BI connector. Therefore, manually setting the schema refresh value actually triggered a schema to be built. So, this could possibly be the case.
e
@Joseph Heun I think you're right
However, how do I
manually setting the schema refresh value actually triggered a schema to be build
j
Hi Enrico, this is something that needs to be done on the MongoDB side, and unfortunately is not something we directly support. I’ve tried looking through their docs, but not sure exactly what will fit their use-case. A previous case stated that they needed direct help from MongoDB.
e
Thank you, I'll contact their support 👍
Ok, I solved it. For further reference the the BI was enabled on Secondary Node(s) by default (dunno why). It started working when I updated the BI config to use Primary Node (dunno why it was not working with secondary either) 🤔
👍 1
🙌 2
j
Thanks for this Enrico. It will really help our records, and we can update our documentation as well.
👍 1