Hello, is there a way to connect to MySQL with enc...
# gd-beginners
m
Hello, is there a way to connect to MySQL with encryption (i.e. using SSL certificates)? When I was adding the MySQL data source I didn’t see this capability. I tried looking at the documentation but didn’t see anything either
b
Hi Michael, when you setting up a MySQL datasource connection you are able to set SSL encryption mode (prefer/require/verify-full). But you are right, we don't have this documented.
@Andrey Skripnikov are we able to get some additional info / doc on this please?
m
If I select
verify full
, it doesn’t give me the option to add the SSL certs somewhere though?
Hi @Boris, do you have any information on where the SSL certs can be added? thank you
a
Hi Michael, Andrey from the GoodData’s Product Team here. You surely can connect to the MySQL databases with SSL encryption. We have three modes supported:
prefer
require
and
verify-full
. By default we are using the maximum security
verify-full
mode. It uses SSL connection and verifies if the certificate was signed by a trusted CA as well as if the server hostname match with the hostname stored in server certificate. You can also use the self-signed certificate, but it will only allow to use
require
encryption mode that only secures the connection, but doesn’t enforce data encryption. We don’t allow self-service certificate upload. It can only be done through the customer support for our paying customers. Hope it helps!
m
@Andrey Skripnikov Thank you for the information. We’re going to be a paying customer on the Growth plan. Will that allow us to send a client private key, client certificate, and server CA to customer support for the connection then?
(we use Google Cloud SQL and for SSL connections, I believe it is required for us to do it this way)
For example, when we use another product, Retool, to make our MySQL database connection, we have this:
m
Hi Michael. Unfortunately, we do not support specifying CA certificate nor client key and client cert for authorization. Please use username and password and based on used CA, please use proper setting - verify-full or require.