Has anyone successfully deployed GoodData-CN to an...
# gooddata-cn
j
Has anyone successfully deployed GoodData-CN to an Azure App Service? The issue that we're running into is that we're unable to correctly edit the command that is being issued to start the container. The command format is
docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
and the only option in Azure to modify the command line appends your string to the end. So, I'm trying to set
-e
, but it's being inserted in the
COMMMAND
and
ARG
positions of the
docker run
command, rather than the
OPTIONS
section. The result is that the docker environment does not have my license key and the container fails to start.
m
Hi @Jonathon, I can see that you try to run GoodData.CN CE - the Container Edition. I was able to get in running in the Azure App Service using Docker compose. This is my setup:
Copy code
services:
  gooddata:
    image: gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest
    ports:
      - "3000:3000"
      - "5432:5432"
    container_name: gooddata-ce
    restart: always
    environment:
      - GDCN_LICENSE_KEY=License
      - LICENSE_AND_PRIVACY_POLICY_ACCEPTED=YES
      - GDCN_PUBLIC_URL=<https://yourapp.azurewebsites.net>
You just need to switch the Container type to Docker Compose and add the config above.
The GoodData.CN CE is for development or simple deployments. We also have fully scalable Kubernetes version for standard high available production environments. You can run this version in Azure AKS. You can see all the details here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud-native/3.6/deploy-and-install/
j
@Martin Burian awesome. I'll try this. thanks
👍 1
@Martin Burian that doesn't seem to work... attached are the logs with the docker command and the docker compose configuration
m
Did you replace the License with the actual license key?
j
Yea, that license key in the screenshot of the configuration is our license key
m
Let me check ...
Try to remove the double quotes around the license key please and let me know if it helped.
j
@Martin Burian woo! that worked
m
Great!