hi regarding visual exports (export controller) ho...
# gooddata-cn
f
hi regarding visual exports (export controller) how can we monitor the space used on the export folder, and if the service is working properly and that we can get a notification if there is a problem with the export sevice? scaling of export service is done by increasing pod number or it could be done in some other way?
m
Hi Filip, unfortunately I am not familiar with a way to monitor the space taken by your workspace exports as this is done on your side, but if your main concern is making sure the service is functioning properly, whenever something goes awry you will find an error in the console stating where the issue is or the component involved. I suggest checking API Errors | GoodData Cloud Native for more information. Regarding the scaling of the service, may I know your use case? Are you currently hitting any resource limitation?
f
thank you for your reply. We are not hitting resource limitation, but we would like to prepare for that in future
j
Hi Filip, I will check internally
f
Thank you
j
Hi Filip, how is your export controller configured? Exporter can be configured either to store exported files in S3 bucket or local file system. Although it is possible to store exported files on local, it is not recommended (as it is limited by pod resp. disk size) and the export controller was developed with intention to use S3 bucket. Files from local need to be deleted either manually or are deleted after pod restart. I’m not aware of possibility to monitor exported files storage on local specifically. Best practice and recommended way is to configure exports to use S3 bucket with retention policy for exported files set. If you’d like to monitor export controller and it’s services GD.CN doesn’t have embedded logging and monitoring system, however you can use any k8s compatible logging system. https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/2.5/deploy-and-install/cloud-native/monitoring-integration/
🙌 1
f
thank you for your answer