hi team, we are testing <GD.CN> and we have a ques...
# gooddata-cn
f
hi team, we are testing GD.CN and we have a question regarding PDF download. How long is the retention on those PDF reports, when are they deleted from tmp?
j
GD.CN export functionality should be configured with S3 buckets as storage (guide). If it’s not configured with S3, the PDFs are stored directly to
export-controller
microservice under default folder
/tmp/exports
configurable in helm chart
values.yaml
. No PDFs are deleted automatically from S3 neither local containers folder. It’s up to S3 administrator to set appropriate bucket lifecycle rules. Local containers folder gets deleted with
export-controller
POD restart. Notes: • in case of local folder (default behavior) it’s not ensured you will get the results if you have more than 1 replica of export-controller therefore S3 bucket configuration is recommended (this info is going to be added to existing documentation soon) • retrieval of finished exports is currently limited to 60min through the public API - after this period it’s not possible to retrieve it anymore and a new export request has to be done
j
I suppose that the question is how long are these files kept in /tmp if S3 is not used. If I am right, what is the answer, @Robert Moucha?
f
yes, that is my question