Hi All, I am trying to add the jDBC driver to my <...
# gooddata-cn
r
Hi All, I am trying to add the jDBC driver to my gooddata.cn setup, the image has been created in a public repository and I ahve updated my helm chart to pull the driver image from the repository doing the following in my gooddata helm custom_values.json :
Copy code
sqlExecutor:
    extraDriversInitContainer: 'myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers'
Since then, one of the pod is in CrashLoopBackOff state showing the following events :
Copy code
Normal   Scheduled  8m1s                    default-scheduler  Successfully assigned gooddata/gooddata-gooddata-cn-sql-executor-5d88d6bcd │
│ 5-zrv5h to gke-juno-gooddata-clust-tertiary-pool-5dd33dee-ddsl                                                                              │
│   Normal   Pulled     7m56s                   kubelet            Successfully pulled image "myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers" in 3.857 │
│ 921256s                                                                                                                                     │
│   Normal   Pulled     7m54s                   kubelet            Successfully pulled image "myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers" in 891.6 │
│ 32678ms                                                                                                                                     │
│   Normal   Pulled     7m41s                   kubelet            Successfully pulled image "myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers" in 857.6 │
│ 93619ms                                                                                                                                     │
│   Normal   Created    7m10s (x4 over 7m56s)   kubelet            Created container copy-extra-driver                                        │
│   Normal   Started    7m10s (x4 over 7m56s)   kubelet            Started container copy-extra-driver                                        │
│   Normal   Pulled     7m10s                   kubelet            Successfully pulled image "myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers" in 935.5 │
│ 27281ms                                                                                                                                     │
│   Normal   Pulling    6m15s (x5 over 8m)      kubelet            Pulling image "myRepo/deploy-gooddata-extra-drivers"                      │
│   Warning  BackOff    2m57s (x24 over 7m53s)  kubelet            Back-off restarting failed container                                       │
My image mount the driver in the following folder :
Copy code
data/BigQuery/
Any idea on what I've did wrong ?
r
Hi, the name of the last path segment of the directory, where bigquery drivers are stored, must exactly match the type of data source. In your case, the data source type is
BIGQUERY
so you need to store data in
/data/BIGQUERY
and not in
/data/BigQuery
Note that Big Query driver is necessary only for versions 2.1 or older. In versions 2.2 we started to use a different driver that is included in GoodData.CN so you don't need to inject extra jdbc drivers as before.
r
I am still on v2.1 for now. Thanks for the feedback, I'll give a try
just moved it to BIGQUERY folder and still the pod is in CrashLoopBackOff
or do you think it's easy to just upgraded to v2.2 (no breaking changes) ?
r
Just update chart version, remove the
extraDriversAllInitContainer
from customized values and run helm upgrade