Is there documentation around making data refreshe...
# gooddata-cn
s
Is there documentation around making data refreshes happen near real time? Currently the caches need to be flushed when data is updated, correct?
👀 1
b
Sheldon, in my experience, data refresh only happens when you POST "uploadNotification" endpoint and refresh the chart component (refreshing the tab in your browser or in a embedded interface). It would be nice if GDCN dev team added other options regarding this.
s
@BRENO ZIPOLI MONTEIRO PAPA you're correct about the notification/cache flush request needing to be posted
I am looking at use cases where NRT updates to the dashboards are needed
b
I had one NRT use case sometime ago, unfortunatelly the need to refresh the browser page whenever new data is present was a deal breaker. Regardless, let's wait until GDCN dev team replies to this thread.
j
Generally, as often as you call the uploadNotification API, as much NRT you get. It is not possible to completely bypass our caching now. How much NRT do you really need from business point of view? 5 minutes? 1 minute? Less? Anyway, as @BRENO ZIPOLI MONTEIRO PAPA mentioned, our UI apps do not refresh visualizations automatically after caches are invalidated, users must reload the page. Is it a blocker for you?
s
Hi Jan, Our NRT requirements would be 1 minute or so. The concern with invalidating the cache via API is that this happens per Datasource instead of per Workspace. Per the documentation for Multi-tenantcy, there would be multiple workspaces per datasource, in which case invalidating a datasource would purge caches for multiple workspaces at a time, which is not what is wanted.
Would be better if the cache invalidation could be per workspace instead of per Datasource
j
Does it mean that you update data related to each workspace separately, in a different transaction, in a different point of time?
s
Yes. So some workspaces might have changes multiple time an hour while others could have changes once very few days
j
Then this is valid use case. Unfortunately, we do not support it now. @Ondrej Macek please register this feature request.
@Jakub Sterba @Andrey Skripnikov please, register the feature request
p
🎉 New note created.