Hello, is it possible to set the color scheme at a...
# gooddata-cn
p
Hello, is it possible to set the color scheme at a workspace level using GoodData.CN APIs ? I looked through https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/1.6/api/api_reference_all/#/entities hoping to find an endpoint that let's us set this up but I couldn't find any.
j
Hello, we are currently working on the option of custom theming in GoodData.CN. Please stay tuned and follow our release notes - https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/versions/release-notes/
p
Thanks @Jan Kos for the quick reply, is there a timeline for when this will be available?
j
CC @Andrey Skripnikov
a
Hello there πŸ‘‹ We are aiming to release the Theming / Visual styling feature in mid-September. It will allow to customize the dashboard colors and define the default palette for the charts from a settings page. In this release, the same color scheme will be applied to all the workspaces. @Phanindra Since you were mentioning workspace-specific color scheme in your question, may I wonder what’s your use case for that? We were debating this topic in the team and I want to see if some of our assumptions were correct πŸ™‚
πŸŽ‰ 1
There are two users with the same handle in this Slack, not sure I tagged the right one πŸ˜„ @Phanindra please take a look
p
@Andrey Skripnikov here is our use case, we have a single workspace for each of our clients and we'd like to be able to set a color scheme that applies to all insights within that workspace.
@Andrey Skripnikov is setting the default palette a UI only feature or are there going to be entities and endpoints in the API for programmatic access ?
a
Definitely πŸ™‚ Both Dashboard Theme and Insight Color Palette can be fully managed by API - create, update, delete. Setting one particular Theme as activeTheme is done in Organization or Workspace (WS) settings. You will be able to define a theme for WS that is different from the default theme for the Organization over API. Hope this helps!
p
That helps, thanks @Andrey Skripnikov