Hi! After the Dremio and GoodDataCN webinar, I was...
# gooddata-cn
b
Hi! After the Dremio and GoodDataCN webinar, I was trying to integrate a SQL Database with Dremio (which worked) and then Dremio to GoodDataCN as a DataSource. After using the API to create the datasource, when I press to scan the datasource, no schemas are presented (0 of 0) even though I have used the schema SPON010117864.P12133MNTDB.gooddata, present on Dremio. Dremio was initialized as a docker image with the standard documentation commands (and ports), just like GDCN. Any hints?
j
First, please, try the following: 1. Specify empty dataSource.schema (empty string). Check if all Dremio schemata are displayed in LDM Modeler 2. Go to web browser console in LDM Modeler when scan dialog is displayed. Is there any error?
There is a bug in GD.CN manifesting when list of schemata is collected in LDM Modeler from GD.CN backend - no error is displayed in the UI, only in the web browser console. I just filed this issue, it should be fixed in the next release.
t
Hi, think I am in the same situation. When do you think it will be updated ?
j
I hope we will deliver the fix (errors displayed in LDM Modeler UI) in the next release 1.8. There has not been set exact release date yet. Can we give a rough estimate, @Martin Svadlenka @Ondrej Macek?
Anyway, as a workaround you can get errors from the web console. In case of status=400, there should be human readable error message explaining the root cause. In case of status=500, traceId should be there, which helps to investigate it in our monitoring (GD cloud Beta) or in on-premise monitoring or k8s/docker logs.
👀 1
b
Declaring empty string as schema and checking web console I am getting these errors: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request). The workaround was to instead of declaring "url" as: "url": "jdbcdremiodirect=dremio:31010", I declared as: "url": "jdbcdremiodirect=192.168.15.14:31010" (machine's local ip) Using this, I was even able to declare the schema correctly.
j
Am I correct that you start GD.CN and Dremio locally? Do you start them as separate containers or do you use a docker-compose file? What docker distribution do you use? What OS? Generally, we recommend to utilize the docker-compose, which ensures all containers are running in the same network. Then the first jdbcUrl should work.
b
@Jan Soubusta indeed I started them as separate containers. I am using docker desktop 4.6.1 (76265) in Windows.
j
Please, try to use docker-compose. Sample d-c yaml can be found in our public doc, page related to Dremio
m
Hi @BRENO ZIPOLI MONTEIRO PAPA , as Jacek mentioned, we will be releasing 1.8 release. So far scheduled for end of June, however we will release few minor versions and fixes during beta. Will keep you informed.