One more obstacle is lowercase schema name or lowe...
# gooddata-cn
p
One more obstacle is lowercase schema name or lowercase DB name at Snowflake. If I use datagrip and Snowflake JDBC driver, it automatically quote DB, schema or table names. In Gooddata.cn, we're not able to quote such object name when defining data source. Is this somehow covered?
j
In case of schema name, because Snowflake is the only database upper-casing everything (by default), we decided to force upper-case of schema to prevent customers from being confused when using the default strategy. Now I see it is blocker for when developer intentionally name schemas in lowe-case. I can fix it easily (and emphasize the case sensitivity in our DOC). @Ondrej Macek may I add it into 1.8 release? @Petr Šimeček I recommend you utilizing our weekly builds (gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:dev_latest), so you get a fix sooner 😉
p
thanks for clarifying this. Yes, Snowflake is a trap… having ability to quote the db/schema in the jdbc string would be super great. P.S. querying lowercase tables/cols are OK!
j
Yep, tables are handled properly. I will let you know once dev_latest contains the fix of the schema
p
Stunning! This reminds me this almost 10 yrs old video :) https://photos.app.goo.gl/MFEkZGex34JWXZP88