There is still a broken link on the Connect Data p...
# gooddata-cn
m
There is still a broken link on the Connect Data page. I connected to my docker community edition (version 1.0.1), created a workspace. Then it brings you to the next screen - when you click on the Data Source API link, it is a broken link.
🙏🏻 1
p
@Matt Pampena Thanks for reporting! We’ll fix it. Here is how to connect to the demo data source or your own database: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/1.0/getting-started/connect-data/ Here’s the API doc: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/1.0/apidocs/api_reference_all/#/entities/createEntity%40DataSources
đź‘Ť 1
m
This page has a bad example: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/1.0/administration/data-sources/data-source-entity/ id and type are required in the "data" path. the example shows them outside of that.
🙏🏻 1
p
Thanks again! You’re right, the correct syntax is
Copy code
{
  "data": {
    "id": "demo-ds",
    "type": "dataSource",
    "attributes": {
      "name": "demo-ds",
      "type": "POSTGRESQL",
      "url": "jdbc:<postgresql://localhost:5432/demo>",
      "schema": "demo",
      "username": "demouser",
      "password": "demopass",
      "enableCaching": false
    }
  }
}
Are you also trying the connection to your own database?
m
yes. my connection works fine. i was just pointing out the error in the documention. I have another question though. I can launch the container, make a dashboard in the UI, but I do not know how to save the container with those changes. I have tried docker commit, but next time I launch the container is empty again.
p
@Matt Pampena Do you use
docker start
to launch the container again?
m
@Petr Olmer Can you point me to documentation on how I should be handling this? How do I save the dashboards I make so that they can be persisted next time I start the container/image
p
@Matt Pampena They are all persisted by default. When you hit “start” in the Docker app or do
docker start
on the command line, you just continue where you stopped
If you do
docker run
, you start a new containter from scratch
m
When I stop the container in docker it is gone. I can't start again. I have to use docker run to create it
after I stop the container, "docker ps" shows nothing
p
Got it! You run it with
rm
according to the Getting Started documentation. Sorry! Use
Copy code
docker run -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 --name gooddata-demo gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:1.0.1
đź‘Ť 1
When you stop the container, it will not get deleted and you can always continue with your work.
m
Yeah. I deleted because I realized my error.
I have the example from getting started to embed an insight. I have that working. Do you have a good example for embedding a dashboard?
p
did you use
<InsightView>
? if so, you can try very similarly
<DashboardView dashboard={DASHBOARD_ID} />
m
ok. thanks. my import statement failed.
This doesn't work: import { DashboardView } from "@gooddata/sdk-ui-ext";
never mind. sorry. let me try again.
It's working. thanks.
p
👍🏻