Solved

Struggling with filters

• 24 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I need to build a table that brings the cumulative number of fired employees, by month, since the beggining of the company. I’ve managed to build the metric and the table brings the monthly numbers correctly, when I don’t apply a filter. However, when I filter this table to show only the last 12 months, the results are not cumulative anymore, it shows only the number of fired employees of that month alone. How can I overcome this?

I’ve tried using many functions, like RUNSUM, BY, WITHIN, ROWS BETWEEN, but none of them seems to work.

I’m new to MAQL and kind of struggling with this problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Moises Morales 27 March 2023, 18:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, 

Could you please let us know how you defined your metric and how your LDM looks like? 

Thanks!

-Moises

Hi Moises,

This is the metric I’m currently using: SELECT RUNSUM (# Terminations)

The metric (# Terminations) is basically a SELECT COUNT of the Employee IDs that have a date of termination.

I’m attaching 2 screenshots of how the table is behaving when I apply the filter.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Userlevel 3

HI Rodrigo, 

You will need to define your metric as: 

SELECT RUNSUM (# Terminations) WITHOUT PF

The “WITHOUT PF” means the values won’t be affected by the filter date, while still showing the selected dates. 

More information here: PARENT Filters | GoodData Free

-Moises

Hi Moises!

It’s worked! Tnahk you very much for your help!