Solved

Last session date

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Trying to show the last session date for each learner. I have followed this proposal to create a metric based on a date from https://help.gooddata.com/classic/en/dashboards-and-insights/maql-analytical-query-language/maql-use-cases-and-tutorials/finding-min-and-max-dates-using-date-arithmetic

I use : 

SELECT MAX ((SELECT (100000 * MAX(Day of Month (Timestamp))) + (100 * MAX(Month (Timestamp))) + (MAX(Year (Timestamp))-2022+2022) BY Coaching Session Uuid)) WHERE (SELECT COUNT(Date (Timestamp)Coaching Session Uuid) BY Year (Timestamp), ALL OTHER) > 0

and 0#/0#/#### (day/month.year format) for the format but I get crazy dates. Not sure what are these 1000000 and 100 in the metric.

icon

Best answer by Moises Morales 24 November 2022, 15:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

As per the workaround, you would need to make sure that you are following the correct arithmetic operations, this is because dates in GoodData platform work different from facts:

0e5b3f91-b442-40d4-9951-7746690e77be.png
1 of 2

-Moises

Hi Moises,

Thanks for you support. I have understood the calculation and this is working now.

Best regards

Jean-Christophe 

Userlevel 3

Hi Jean-Christophe, it might be possible that you are using a different/outdated date template and there is a workaround to make the metric format show the correct date format, this is covered in this Community post here: How can I custom a attribute or metric in Date format? | The GoodData Community. Please check the message from my colleague Jan and you can also check the rest of the post for further hints. I hope this helps. 

-Moises

Hi Moises,

I already checked that. I use the custom_v2:date template reason why I do a -2022+2022.

But in my case even day and month are incorrect. probably due to the 10000 and 100 ? not sure what is it used for.

Best regards

Jean-Christophe