Solved

Is it possible to create an attribute type metric?

• 20 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am trying to create price range bucket to group together products by prices ranges <£50, £50-<£100 in MAQL as a metric then to use it to display results by price ranges.

I am able to do the calculation but my new metric is created as a fact not an attribute so I cannot build analysis of different price buckets.

I looked at computed metrics too but these only allow me to use pre-created attributes and not fact values within them.

Is this possible to do or does this need to happen before the data model enters GooddData. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Joseph Heun 20 October 2021, 13:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

If computed attributes don’t fit your use case here, then you will need to ensure you have created the datasets/attributes correctly within the logical data model. 

Thanks, the logical data model is set up well but I was looking for functionality to create new more complex variables to use in queries than GoodData allows me to.  

Userlevel 3

Please note that Variables are more or less designed for Enterprise customers. The variables can only be implemented on a metric level, but cannot be used as a filter on an insight or KPI Dashboard.