Solved

Calculating Days Open/days past due

I’m trying to build metrics for days open and days past due. I tried following a similar thread however, its not working quite right. I used the following to calculate days open and I was able to create a report but it did not filter out any completed processes and I was unable to filter the results at all.

Similarly I tried to follow the thread for days past due, creating the metric below, but when trying to create a report for it, it said I couldn’t because it would create nonsensical results. 

Am I missing something or is this not possible to do?

icon

Best answer by Michael Ullock 2 March 2023, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, 

please see the following Community post which perfectly covers the metric(s) you're trying to create here:

Also, I would like to point you to our free Getting Started with MAQL course here that you may find beneficial:
https://university.gooddata.com/getting-started-with-maql

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, this is the thread I mentioned that I tried to follow and set up the same way. However, I’m not able to pull this metrics to create an insight or report.

For days open, I’m able to get this report to see that its working to some extend but I can’t get the data to filter out processes that are closed. I’ve tried by completion day being empty and status <> complete. Within the report function if I add a filter nothing changes either. 

Userlevel 3

Hello, 

The metric definition you saw in the Community example may differ to your use case as the connection points in the Logical Data Model may not be the same and some attributes may have a different name, but the logic behind it should still work. I recommend double checking the definition itself and try applying the same logic, ie, make sure you are using the correct primary key with the BY keyword. 

The following resources may help as well:

BY | GoodData Free

THIS Macro | GoodData Free

Dates in Logical Data Models | GoodData Free

Connection Points in Logical Data Models | GoodData Free

If you need further help, please specify how is your Logical Data Model structured and if possible let us know how the data looks like in your source data by using dummy data. 

Thanks, 

-Moises