Solved

GoodData UI with the Platform - Do I need to log in users at all?

• 24 April 2022
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

If I use the good data platform to host my data, and the gooddata.ui to create UI elements in my app, do I need to have any concept of accounts for my users? I don’t want them to have to log in to Gooddata or ideally to deal with SSO on my side. Can I simply control what data each user gets via variables? 

icon

Best answer by Joseph Heun 25 April 2022, 13:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi Ori,

Data security is a top priority for our clients, and therefore there always needs to be some login for a user to access their workspace and data. More information on user provisioning within GoodData can be found here. However, there are some work arounds using SSO to redirect users to their workspace through your app or service initiated provider. This is done through SAML SSO. 

In regards to your question about limiting data for users through variables, it is possible as mentioned in this article, but we don’t recommend to use this as a security feature as it wasn’t designed this way. However, it is possible to limit the data a user can access within a workspace using Data Permissions. This is the recommended and most secure practice.