Solved

GoodData.UI AttributeFilter throwing error 'TypeError: can't access property "meta", displayFormDetails is undefined'

• 9 July 2021
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 3 replies

I am trying to use the AttributeFilter component but after a half second it comes up as “Error loading filter” and in the console I find the following error:

TypeError: can't access property "meta", displayFormDetails is undefined

buildAttributeDisplayForm index.ts:137
    getAttributeDisplayForm index.ts:38
    step tslib.es6.js:100
    verb tslib.es6.js:81
    fulfilled tslib.es6.js:71
    promise callback*step tslib.es6.js:73
    fulfilled tslib.es6.js:71
    promise callback*step tslib.es6.js:73
    __awaiter tslib.es6.js:74
    __awaiter tslib.es6.js:70
    getAttributeDisplayForm index.ts:31
    promise AttributeFilter.tsx:190
    step tslib.es6.js:100
    verb tslib.es6.js:81
    __awaiter tslib.es6.js:74
    __awaiter tslib.es6.js:70
    promise AttributeFilter.tsx:188
    useCancelablePromise useCancelablePromise.ts:139
    React 6
    unstable_runWithPriority scheduler.development.js:653
    React 4
    unstable_runWithPriority scheduler.development.js:653
    React 6
    tsx index.tsx:21
    Webpack 7

To strip out any unnecessary unknowns I’ve even tried using it on a pretty much blank page, but the problem persists.

import React, { useEffect, useState } from 'react';import Page from '../components/Page';import * as Ldm from '../ldm/full';import { AttributeFilter } from '@gooddata/sdk-ui-filters';import { newPositiveAttributeFilter } from '@gooddata/sdk-model';const Home = () => {  return (    <Page>      <AttributeFilter        filter={newPositiveAttributeFilter('transactionsentrydate.year', [])}        onApply={() => {}}      />    </Page>  );};

This is using v8.4.0 of the GoodData SDKs. I’ve also tried upgrading to the new v8.5.0 that came out today but that didn’t help.

icon

Best answer by Boris 9 July 2021, 15:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Shen,

https://localhost:3000/gdc/md/[workspace]/query/attributes should definitely return all of the attributes in the workspace, both date and non-date.

Regards,

Boris

I have run into some non-date attributes that give me the same error. It seems that’s not the only problem.

Edit: Never mind. I was using attribute ids and not the attribute’s corresponding display form id.

@Boris Thanks, got it working now!

I had gotten these date attributes from https://localhost:3000/gdc/md/[workspace]/query/attributes which now that I look closer all of the attributes returned by that are dates. How can I query the API to get the non-date attributes?

Userlevel 2

Hello Shen,

The error is cause by the fact that you are trying to use Attribute Filter component for date attribute. Date attributes are a bit different and have some special properties, so you will have to use Date Filter component to make it work.

Best Regards,

Boris from GoodData Support

Sorry for the bad code formatting, it’s not letting me fix it. Here’s a link to an image of it: https://imgur.com/a/khe6l4A