Question

Snowflake "All Projects Failed to Load" Error

• 26 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve connected Snowflake’s test data to GoodData, added the model and tried to load the data but getting an error that says “All Projects Failed to Load” error everytime I try to upload the data.

Here is the error code:

2021-02-26T17:33:08.304+0100 [ERROR]: Fail to load projects "[clr5mf5skkcnvxg3nez8a5zevd9urahu]". Reason: Unable to unload:    StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE OR REPLACE STAGE  STAGE__20210226__GhFKNxK2  COPY_OPTIONS = ( on_error='skip_file' )]; nested exception is net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeSQLException: SQL execution error: Creating stage on shared database 'SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA' is not allowed.:    SQL execution error: Creating stage on shared database 'SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA' is not allowed.2021-02-26T17:33:08.310+0100 [INFO]: ====================== End of downloading and integrating data ======================2021-02-26T17:33:08.311+0100 [ERROR]: Data distribution worker failed. Reason: All projects failed to load.

Has anyone experienced that and was able to fix it?

3 replies

Shared databases are read-only. Users in a consumer account can view/query data, but cannot insert or update data, or create any objects in the database. This is why you can not create any objects on the shared database (SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA).

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/data-share-consumers.html#general-limitations-for-shared-databases

You can query the data in shared database like any other database.

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/data-share-consumers.html#querying-a-shared-database

You should go to Snowflake.

Would I enter that in GoodData or in Snowflake? And where should it go?

use database MY_DATABASE;

or

CREATE OR REPLACE STAGE
MY_DATABASE.MY_SCHEMA.STAGE__20210226__GhFKNxK2
COPY_OPTIONS = ( on_error='skip_file' );
Creating stage on shared database 'SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA' is not allowed.

You'll want to set the context in your session to another database. SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA is a shared database, which is read only.

You can do this to set the context before running that statement:

use database MY_DATABASE;

Or you could specify the database for the stage in the statement itself:

CREATE OR REPLACE STAGE
MY_DATABASE.MY_SCHEMA.STAGE__20210226__GhFKNxK2
COPY_OPTIONS = ( on_error='skip_file' );