Solved

Help with properly setting up excel data for export to CSV

• 9 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m looking to develop a dashboard based on a response to a series of survey questions. I’m having difficulty in understanding how to first organize the questions and scoring criteria with in excel for each dashboard module, which I can then export as a CSV.

Any help or suggested excel templates I can use would be appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Joseph Heun 9 July 2021, 17:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Please note that it is most important for you data to be organized within the columns of the Excel sheet. You will need to ensure your file has a header row at the top containing the name of each column, and format those rows within the column consistently.  If you could provide the data that you plan on using, we could advise further as to what the best approach would be to setting up your logical data model and the corresponding CSV files. 

Building projects and metadata files from scratch is not typically something we assist with. However, our Customer Success team is great with creating customized solutions for you and your business needs. 

Generally speaking, you will want to keep your CSV file under 20MB as this is a platform limit. Also, you will need to ensure that your datasets from your model will match up correctly with your CSV file. You can find more information on this here: 

https://support.gooddata.com/hc/en-us/articles/215782117-Uploading-a-CSV-File-for-Your-GoodData-Trial

I would also suggest to enrol in our Free GoodData University, where you can take courses and become more familiar with our platform.