Failed to obtain JDBC Connection

• 1 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Background task failed: Failed to obtain JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the host xxx.xx.xx.xx, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".): Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the host xxx.xx.xx.xx, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".): The TCP/IP connection to the host xxx.xx.xx.xx, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

can any one help me i m unable to login i need this badly please help urgent

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, 

This error usually indicates that the connection is being blocked from your side. Please whitelist the corresponding IP range on the firewall of your database (Microsoft SQL Server) as instructed in our documentation: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86796460 

-Moises

Hi, 

This error usually indicates that the connection is being blocked from your side. Please whitelist the corresponding IP range on the firewall of your database (Microsoft SQL Server) as instructed in our documentation: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86796460 

-Moises

no not working i added inbound rule in firewall of my server still unable to connect please help

Userlevel 3

Can you also make sure all your components and integrations use TLS version 1.2 or higher as indicated in our Release Notes: June 2, 2022 – GoodData Support?

Can you also make sure all your components and integrations use TLS version 1.2 or higher as indicated in our Release Notes: June 2, 2022 – GoodData Support?

this is just ridiculous after doing all  the above steps i m still unable to connect my client is really disappointed with me and left that's just disgusting

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still having issues.
May I know where exactly are you getting the error posted in your first comment? Can you send us a screenshot?

Also, I would like to recommend to go through this post regarding how to deal with TCP/IP connection issues:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18841744/jdbc-connection-failed-error-tcp-ip-connection-to-host-failed

Regards,

Daniela

Userlevel 2

Closing for inactivity.