Solved

Cloning a workspace without including data

• 11 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I have followed the instructions on Clone a Workspace via Gray Pages and obtain a new workspace with all the data model and insights; however, I get errors when importing new data into the new workspace. The error lists all fields from my import file as a_fieldname cannot be found. The only way I have found to import data is to rebuild the data model which destroys the insights and dashboards.

icon

Best answer by Rick Flagg 11 March 2021, 22:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey Rick,

Sorry to hear so.

May I know how do you import the new data, please? Also, how was the original model created?

We upload CSV files both to create the model and to replace data.

Userlevel 3

Once again, I am really sorry for your bad experience. I'll bring this up to our developers and kindly ask them to make the process more user friendly.

As a workaround, you can try to update the field mapping manually, or you can Import and Export your model as JSON.

I figured out to rename my new data variables a__fieldname and f__fieldname and convert dates to yyyy-mm-dd and I could upload new data into the existing model.

Userlevel 3

That's great. Thank you very much for sharing your solution with us, really appreciated!