Solved

New dashboard/insight bug in a child workspace

Hi Gooddata,

We faced with a dashboard/insight creation bug in a child workspace (Gooddata.CN 1.7). 

We created a simple parent-child structure with data filtering (column filtered by a value) and have dashboards/insights in the parent and those works well with filtered data:

• parent
    • child
    • child
    • child

Unfortunately, when you choose a child workspace (even if you’re an admin or user with ANALYZE permission) and try to add a new dashboard then drag&drop an insight from the “New Item” on the left then the screen below appears for 1 sec after it disappears and the parent workspace will be loaded into some kind of embedded window. You can do this multiple times and there will be more and more embedded windows there and you couldn’t go back just with a full page reload. Images attached.

We haven’t found any error messages neither on backend and frontend. Could you please investigate this bug? 

Thanks

Zoltan

icon

Best answer by Ulku Kijasev 8 September 2022, 13:11

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Zoltan, 

Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate this. I have created a parent and child dashboard, and then on the child dashboard I dragged and dropped a new insight from the left hand menu, but the parent workspace was not loaded in a “embedded window” as you described. Can you tell me if I’m missing any step or what steps exactly did you follow? Also, we would like to know the browser you are using and its version and what version of GoodData CN you are using. 

Thanks, 

Moises

Hi Moises,

Thanks for replying! Yes, it’s a really weird bug so I don’t know what could be the issue, it’s a core feature so I hope we just missed something.

Browser : Chrome Version 98.0.4758.109 (but I should update, will try it)

GoodData CN: 1.7.0

Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Is the issue still happening on a different brower or if you update your browser? 

Yes, same in Safari as well.

And you’re right, the repro steps:

• created a workspace with API (parent)
  • created a child workspace with API (added parent workspace)
  • create a default dashboard on the parent
  • added data filtering json with API
  • go to child workspace and the inherited parent’s dashboard with filtered data looks good
  • try to create a new dashboard (+ button), then new insight (drag&drop) and for us the bug is there

Any idea?

Thanks!

Hi Zoltan,

I could not reproduce the error when i followed the steps which you clearly defined. I used GoodData CN version 1.7.2 and Chrome version 100.*. In the attachment you can see “Price by customer” is the inherited dashboard from parent workspace. It works with filters. And the “Dashboard client1” is the successfully created dashboard in client1. I have three client workspaces. So when creating dashboard in client project, i did not receive error you described. It was successfully created. Could you please try with version GoodData CN 1.7.2. 

Thank you,

Ulku

Hi Ulku,

Thanks for testing! Have you created the child custom dashboard with a new insight?

Sure, we will try to upgrade to 1.7.2 and will come back the result.

Thanks!

Hi Zoltan,

No i used the existing insight from the parent workspace. I tried to create new insight in the client workspace but i got another error. I will check this with engineering and return to you. Thanks.

Hi Ulku,

Yes, the existing insights with drag&drop work well, only the new insight has some issue. Thanks for checking!

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

I have created a ticket for this bug to our engineering team. I will inform you as soon as the bug will be fixed.

Thank you,

Ulku

Hi Ulku,

Thank you!

Zoltan

Hi @Ulku Kijasev,

Do you have any update or ETA on this?

Thanks!

Hi Zoltan,

The developers found the problem, they will try to fix it tomorrow. But it needs to be tested and released. I will return to you again about the official delivery date. Thank you,

Hi Zoltan,

The issue has been fixed but it will be deployed with Gooddata CN Release 2.0.0 which is planned on 14.Jul.2022.

Best Regards,

Ulku

Hi Ulku,

Thank you! Looking forward to update!

BR

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Sorry for not returning to you earlier. This issue was fixed with GoodData.CN Release 2.0.0 which was done on 14.Jul.2022.

Best Regards,

Ulku