Solved

Multiple Date Filter

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a question from a customer of us regarding Date filter.

They use good data to reporting insurance case, with a opening and a closing date. 

They want a report (table) where we can set 2 date filter: Case open after X and closed before Y.

Unfortunately, it seems not possible to do this with GoodData SaaS : once you put a date filter, you cannot put another one.

Do you see a workaround for my customer ?

Do you this this could be a possible enhancement or is there technical reasons for not being possible to implement this ?

Thanks in advance and Best regards

Nicolas

icon

Best answer by Moises Morales 24 May 2023, 11:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Nicolas, 

It is not possible to filter an insight by two different date dimensions in Analytical Disigner/KPI dashboards. Depending on your use case, I can recommend working with Disconnected Date Dimensions instead, but note that your LDM may need to be adjusted to meet the business use case requirements.

-Moises

Hi Moises,

Thanks for the confirmation. I’m waiting for exact use case from our customer, but I anticipate that disconnected date would not fit. 

The 2 date on the same object have no relation in common and filter values are also not related:
Opening Date > 2022/02/01 (beginning of the customer reporting period)

Closing Date < previous month.  

We will probably find a workaround (Add an attribute in our dataset: Current Reporting Period = Y/N).

Ticket can be closed

Best regards