Solved

Linking between reports with saved filter

• 15 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi! I’m looking for a suggestion on how to move between two reports without a need to manually apply a filter on each.

This is about a dashboard in pixel perfect UI.

We have a dashboard with two reports. One report is of Overview type and shows a list of clients per country, the second report gives Detailed View of the data per client.

The type of intuitive user experience we would like to achieve is for a user to be able to click on a client name in the Overview report and be redirected to the Detailed View report with a filter for this specific client applied.

I know this exact behaviour is not possible, but is there anything that comes to mind to make navigation between these 2 reports intuitive and minimise the need to manually apply a filter in the Detailed View report?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

icon

Best answer by Boris 15 March 2021, 08:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your question.

I think that what you are describing should be possible to achieve by our drilling functionality. 

Please check our documentation to see the types of drilling we support and how to set them up.

For the reference, I would like to add that drilling is also possible in KPI dashboards (described here).

All the best,

Boris from GoodData Support.