Solved

how sum the more than two column values in an insight

• 20 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

can u please let me know how to sum the column values in the attached screenshot

icon

Best answer by Joseph Heun 20 March 2023, 18:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Preetham,

You can sum individual columns by clicking on the three lines next to the title of each column. There you can find options for calculations such as sum and rollup. There is more information here: 

https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/dashboards-and-insights/analytical-designer/visualize-your-data/insight-types/tables/

Hey,

you misunderstood my question, i want to add the first column values with the second column value and create a 3rd column

where i want to do the same with attached screenshot in which one column is present in METRICS section and other in COLUMNS section

Userlevel 3

Hi Preetham,

It currently is not possible to sum columns like this. You will need to create metrics from scratch that would build the values in the report, rather than base them on the values already in the report. 

I’d be happy to pass this along as product feedback on your behalf. 

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO CREATE A METRIC REGARDING THE SAME

Userlevel 3

It is a bit difficult to say without knowing your logical data model and your data. However, there are great resources available to help you along your MAQL journey. We highly recommend to take the free online courses at GoodData University and also our Help Portal.