Solved

Can a field be a fact/measure AND an attribute? (or other work around)

• 16 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hiya,

I’m trying to create a dashboard and I want viewers to be able to use filters including one filter on a measure. However, it seems that measure filters are only available at the insight level, so cannot be used by viewers. I could change the field I want to filter on to be an attribute I suppose, but this would mean I can’t use it as a measure in other reports. Is it possible for the field to be a both a fact and an attribute? Is there another way to get around this? Am I missing something fundamental? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Gabriel

icon

Best answer by Moises Morales 17 January 2022, 10:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Gabriel, 

Adding measure filters to KPI dashboards is not possible at the moment, but you can certainly create a calculated measure with the filter you want to use so then you can add it to your dashboard. With this workaround, you would need to create a measure for every filter. You can find more info in the links below: 

Regards, 

-Moises

Hi Moises,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. Am I right in thinking that these filters would not be configurable by someone viewing the dashboard who only had viewer permissions?

Many thanks,

Gabriel

Userlevel 3

Yes, in this case, the users would need to have at least editor access so they can create the measures with the filters. Explorers (In embedded mode only) can also access Analytical Designer. More information here: User Roles