Solved

BUTTON WITH ACCESS TO ANOTHER TAB

Userlevel 1

Would it be possible to create a button that, when clicked, would send the user to the screen II tab?

This feature already exists when we build a report in table format. but I would like to know if there would be a way to create a button to direct the user.

There is a tool available at https://s3.amazonaws.com/gd-images.gooddata.com/customtext/embed.html however it does not have this feature.

icon

Best answer by Iva Gasparekova 25 July 2022, 22:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Please be aware that Custom Embed Tool is not a part of the GoodData platform. It is provided as is, and GoodData do not support it.

However, you can use it for creation of Icon with a hyperlink to the particular tab of your Dashboard and then add it as a web content there. Have you tried this already, please?

Userlevel 1

Please be aware that Custom Embed Tool is not a part of the GoodData platform. It is provided as is, and GoodData do not support it.

However, you can use it for creation of Icon with a hyperlink to the particular tab of your Dashboard and then add it as a web content there. Have you tried this already, please?

Yes, I have already tried using the icon option but I am sent to a new tab in the browser, and even if I were sent to the same tab in the browser it would not be viable because I need the user to be sent to the tab within the dashboard without leaving the current page.

I believe it's not possible.

thanks for the help!

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately, I am really afraid it is not possible to add a button, with such functionality right now.

You are right about the built-in report functionality. Would it be possible to use the Drill Across option as a workaround, please?