Solved

I am Getting the Issues GoodData.CN installation on Centos7 Instance

Please check the screeshots , i am getting that issues after the Docker Run command hits. Please anyone help me 

Why I am unable to install it on my Centos ??Evenif From dockerhub faced same issues.

icon

Best answer by Martin Burian 12 May 2021, 12:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @sugyan.

Thank you for your question and welcome to the GoodData community.

Could you please provide exact steps of your actions and what you would like to achieve and on what environment?

From the screenshot it seems that you try to run it on a VM in Google Cloud. If my assumption is correct, you would have issues to use it even if the error would not occur, because the GoodData CN Community Edition is designed to run on workstations for evaluation and development purposes.

I recommend to install Docker to your workstation and run docker pull and docker run from there.

Best.

Martin 

But at the time of docker run, .I am getting the issues in both 2 procedures. 

1st one : 

docker pull gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce

docker run gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce

using this command docker container automatically stoped 

2nd one : 
 docker run --name some-gooddata -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest

docker container running but not getting the response on 3000 port ..getting the issues in the logs as per given attachment 

Hi @sugyan.

Thank you for your question and welcome to the GoodData community.

Could you please provide exact steps of your actions and what you would like to achieve and on what environment?

From the screenshot it seems that you try to run it on a VM in Google Cloud. If my assumption is correct, you would have issues to use it even if the error would not occur, because the GoodData CN Community Edition is designed to run on workstations for evaluation and development purposes.

I recommend to install Docker to your workstation and run docker pull and docker run from there.

Best.

Martin 

But at the time of docker run, .I am getting the issues in both 2 procedures. 

1st one : 

docker run gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce

using this command docker container automatically stoped 

2nd one : 
 docker run --name some-gooddata -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest

docker container running but not getting the response on 3000 port ..getting the issues in the logs as per given attachment 

Userlevel 2

Hi @sugyan.

The right steps are:

It will pull the latest version.

docker run --name some-gooddata -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce

It will need to interactively accept license and privacy policy. If you would like to accept it from command line you can do that by adding following parameter to the docker run command:

-e LICENSE_AND_PRIVACY_POLICY_ACCEPTED=YES

It takes some time to start the container.

The main thing is that this version of GoodData.CN the community edition is intended to run on your local workstation for evaluation and developing purposes. It is not designed to run in the cloud.

Have you tried to run in on your local workstation? Based on the first screenshot you share, it seems you run it on VM on Google Cloud, it would not work there anyway, because we force access via localhost hostname.

Could you please try to run it on your local workstation? If it won’t work please share what OS you have, what version of Docker and what error you get.

Thank you.

Martin