Solved

GoodData licensing for different environments

• 26 April 2022
  • 3 replies

My name is Zoltan Mazula and we started to use the GoodData.CN “Self-hosted” version on our AWS infrastructure.

My question here is that what is the recommendation and are the options for having DEV/TEST and PROD environments from the GoodData app as well? Can we use the same license key or are there any other options to have more environments for the different purposes? I would think it’s a real world scenario in all software development lifecycles.

Thank you, best regards,

Zoltan

icon

Best answer by Boris 28 April 2022, 13:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Zoltan,

For the DEV and TEST purposes, you can create a separate organization under the same license.

Other option would be to create just a set of separate workspaces in the same organization.

All the best,

Boris from GoodData Support

Hi Boris,

Thank you, but if I understand correctly this means that it would be only 1 installed GoodData application.

What we would like to have is totally different and isolated (but with the same structure) environments. So it means that we would have 2 or 3 different on-premise GoodData installation for dev, qa and prod purposes. Can we do it with the same license key?

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi Zoltan,

Sure, that shouldn’t be an issue. You can have multiple installations from one license.

Regards,

Boris