Solved

Cloning Entire Workspace between Domains

• 2 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I’m wondering if it’s possible to do a full workspace clone across different domains? I know it’s possible with partial exports/imports, but hoping that it can be done at the workspace level so I can pull over the LDM, all metrics, and all KPIs more easily.

icon

Best answer by Marek Zelc 3 July 2020, 10:08

View original

1 reply

The short answer is yes, it is possible.

In order to make cloning work across domains, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:

• Both the export and import tasks are performed by users with the same username (email address),
  • … or the username from target domain is specified during export (see the gray pages screenshot below)

Notes:

• If the domains are hosted different data centers (more information can be found here - GoodData Datacenters) you need to check the “available across US/EU data centers” checkbox in the box on the left.
  • All these options are also available if you decide the clone your workspace programmatically using the REST API or the Ruby SDK.
  • Also, you can use a little more user friendly experimental user interface under GoodData Labs at https://<your hostname>/labs/apps/clone_project/index.html#/clone-project.