I’m wondering if it’s possible to do a full workspace clone across different domains? I know it’s possible with partial exports/imports, but hoping that it can be done at the workspace level so I can pull over the LDM, all metrics, and all KPIs more easily.
Best answer by Marek Zelc
The short answer is yes, it is possible.
In order to make cloning work across domains, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- Both the export and import tasks are performed by users with the same username (email address),
- … or the username from target domain is specified during export (see the gray pages screenshot below)
- If the domains are hosted different data centers (more information can be found here - GoodData Datacenters) you need to check the “available across US/EU data centers” checkbox in the box on the left.
- All these options are also available if you decide the clone your workspace programmatically using the REST API or the Ruby SDK.
- Also, you can use a little more user friendly experimental user interface under GoodData Labs at https://<your hostname>/labs/apps/clone_project/index.html#/clone-project.